Forge World’s Daemon Prince of Nurgle! I like this one so much better than the GW space marine daemon prince mini.
I bought this second hand some time ago, and now that I have looked at the forgeworld site to see what the name of this mini actually is (turns out it is “Daemon Prince of Nurgle”. For some reason I thought it was a named character.) I see that I am missing a second hose part between the barrel and the weapon arm. Oh well. I won’t be bothering with that bit then now that it is painted, after all it is not as if I missed it neither when building nor painting.
I painted it as follows: First an airbrushed black undercoat followed by a light grey zenithal. On top of this I sprayed some thin leathery brown and bone-ish colour (don’t remember exactly which ones, they are Vallejo model or game Air at any rate. I did this some time ago).
Now that I put this one on my painting table, I drybrushed the whole thing fairy heavily with a pale flesh colour, followed by dabbing a lot of different colours here and there when I had some colour left over on my palette. (I often have some unfinished, not really abandoned pieces just standing around my desk that I give a semi-random coat of colour to now and then, with only a partial idea of how I want them to end up, gradually completing them over a fairly long period of time. Right now this was actually the last one of those. I will need to pick some random minis to start off again soon. At some point the semi-random painting reaches critical mass and I complete the mini.)
At any rate, critical mass was achieved and I decided to finish it. After making sure that everything that needed colour had some, I gave it a heavy wash of Citadel Druchii Violet Wash, together with Athonian Camoshade and some dabbings of Carroburg Crimson and Coelia Greenshade washes here and there. All applied while the previous wash was still wet.
Knocking back the resulting purple by carefully drybrushing with several fleshtones, the gun-barrels and the barrel-barrel were done in Scale 75 Black Metal, followed by heavy rusting and weathering with oranges and light turquoise. The unwashed (greatly unclean!) apron was touched up with some light grey, Teeth and nails in bone-tones and the barrel was finished with some Battlefront Sicily Yellow and some Pale Flesh for that Fallout radiotoxic barrel-feel.
I did the base in black flock, using a dark brown bushtuft with black flock glued on to represent the aura of decay surrounding the Prince killing off the vegetation around him.
And that ‘lil nurgling taking a bath in the barrel is just so cute!
Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Warhammer 40.000 / Age of Sigmar Chaos factions
The Tally so far:
Finished from the stash: 160
Finished minis in total this year: 286 / 365 (target one for each day on average – I am now lagging behind with 42 minis!)
(Finished from the Bobby Box: 126 / 126 (+13 / 13 casualties, small animals etc) Just 0 left to do! FINISHED AT LAST!)