I seem to constantly be on the back foot with playing catchup with new releases. So naturally, I come around to the Warhammer Underworlds first season starter set after they release the second seasons one…
I have held the thought to do all the Shadespire models for some time. Since I now am done with the Bobbybox, I have chosen to embark on the journey into the underworlds of Warhammer.
My odessy starts with Steelheart’s Champions, the hard-as-nails powerhouse trio of Stormcast Eternals from the Shadespire starter set.
Primed and basecoated with Army Painter Plate Mail spray sometime during the summer. I did the edges of the armour in citadel mephiston red before hosing the whole thing down with Flames of War Ordnance Shade (=army painter dark quickshade).
When dry I did the green bits in an old dark green/grey mix I made in years past and that still is viable in the dropper bottle. Acrylic paints are very long lasting when stored right!
Over this I used Citadel Waagh Flesh and Scalecolor Greenskin Flesh, with highlights in Scalecolor Goblin Flesh. All the other red bits were basecoated in Citadel Screamer Pink, with hightlights in Citadel Wazdakka Red and Wild Rider Red. The pictures do not show the subtle differences between these red bits and the armour red bits.
The armour was hightlighted with Army Painter Plate Mail and Army Painter Shining Silver. The golden bits were basecoated Vallejo Brassy Brass, with Army Painter Greedy Gold and some silver mixed in for the last highlight.
Eyesockets in pure Goblin Flesh. The streamers in Flames of War Sicily Yellow followed by Citadel Flayed One Flesh, finished with some white mixed in. The script was donw in Screamer Pink.
The stone bits on the base were done in my greengray/sandy yellow/offwhite combo, leaves in orcskin flesh and goblin flesh, Vallejo Earth and my flock mix here and there. Black rim.
From the Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire base set (recently rereleased as a seperate warband for WU: Nightvault)
The Tally so far:
Finished from the Bobby Box: 126 / 126 (+13 / 13 casualties, small animals etc)
Just 0 left to do! FINISHED AT LAST!
Finished from the stash: 135
Finished minis in total this year: 261 / 365 (target one for each day on average – I am now lagging behind with 46 minis!)
Hey these are really nice. Quite a unique and unusual scheme but it looks great! I’m ridiculously behind on painting new releases. I think next year I’m going to go all-out and hard on the many unfinished models I have to try and clear the decks for all of the cool new stuff…