Base for the sandworm

slow going with the Shai-Hulud. Not much time for minis these last couple of weeks.

and struggling with the base for the Shai-Hulud. And then – inspiration. A dune.


so a rough dune done in green stuff. A CD was used as the base of the base, as I did not have anything better handy.

Big mistake. CDs are made of akrylic (I think), a hard and brittle plastic. And really horrible to cut. Ages of scoring followed by —the scissors.

Do not try to cut a CD with scissors if you want a clean cut. Agonizing breakagesn and flying shards ensued. Should have used a saw of some kind. Oh well.

Also, green stuff really is too expensive to be used for large base-filling such as this. One uses what is at hand and regrets it later.

It is all to be covered in fine sand anyways.

Categories: UncategorizedTags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Tom Trussel

Part time author of dark, short fiction

Scent of a Gamer

From the computer to the tabletop, this is all about games. Updated each week-end.

Azazel's Bitz Box.

Painting, Modelling, Miniatures, 1:6, Games... Whatever else I find interesting.

%d bloggers like this: